Using with response or ending the asp

Thread: Using with response or ending the asp

Default Using with response or ending the asp

I have a question and hopefully someone has an article or something I can refer to. View the 2 code samples<BR><BR>SAMPLE 1<BR>&#060;%<BR>with response<BR>select case this<BR> case 1<BR> .write "hello"<BR> case 2<BR> .write "hi"<BR>end select<BR>end with<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>SAMPLE 2<BR>&#060;%<BR>select case this<BR> case 1%&#062;<BR> hello<BR> &#060;%case 2%&#062;<BR> hi<BR>&#060;%end select%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Ok, which method is better? is there extra overhead with going in and out of asp like sample 2?<BR><BR>This is a very basic example and I was wondering if anyone knows of any articles that explains this or knows why one is better.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance<BR>Brian<BR>

wussy boy noodle Guest

Default good question

context switching was a big concern a year or two ago - everyone (including me) thought it was a performance drag<BR><BR>in theory it is<BR><BR>but in practice, asp pages are cached, so the only real performance drag from context switching is on the first load - after that it&#039;s butter

Default P.S....According to the docs....

You only take a performance hit on context switching after you exceed 16,000 switches per second. At that point the hit begins to increase geometrically. Until then...No measurable hit.