Best way of manually updating SQL Server db data ?

Thread: Best way of manually updating SQL Server db data ?

Default Best way of manually updating SQL Server db data ?

Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;ll rewrite my question of earlier. What is the best way to manually update data in a SQL Server database ? As in, I want to view the tables and add/change records (before I write asp pages which will do this for me).<BR><BR>I&#039;ve tried Enterprise Mangager but it takes up huge amounts of memory, whilst I can only access the tables in read-only mode (can I stop this?) in Query Analyzer.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Hal.

Default EM

Memory is cheap, add another 128/256 mb. EM is a good way to go. Are you the system administrator for the server? If not, have the sa check the roles and granted permision for the ID you are using. If you are the sa and things are grayed out, right click on the server and select Edit SQL Server Registration Properties and make sure you are using the correct account.<BR><BR>If you have InterDev, you can use that to connect to SQL. It&#039;s interface is very similar to EM&#039;s. Visual Basic has the same thing too. You can use Query analyzer to do the same things but than you have to write out your SQL statemants instead of the nice gui interface.