Greetings;<BR><BR>I have a question about IIS as it relates to an application we are running on our web server. In order to ask the question, I want to provide a little background information.<BR><BR>[Background]<BR><BR>Web Server<BR>Dell PowerEdge<BR>NT 4.0 SP 6 with 128MB RAM<BR>IIS 4<BR><BR>Application<BR>Our web application searches an existing FoxPro 2.6 database for property record information. Each customer has their own set of FoxPro databases.<BR><BR>Our web server and this application currently host three clients. The size of the master database for each client is as follows:<BR><BR>420+ MB<BR>150+ MB<BR>8+ MB<BR><BR>The web application uses SQL statements and an ODBC connection to the database to extract data thru a search form. Performance is pretty fast- over a standard 56k modem, a search that results in 600+ matches takes about 4-5 seconds from the time the form is submitted until the search list is displayed. Individual records are displayed in a fraction of a second.<BR><BR>[Problem]<BR><BR>A problem has cropped up in the last few days.<BR><BR>In the last few weeks we made a modification to our program. Again, a little background might be useful.<BR><BR>When someone uses our web application to search for land records information, a single property might be listed five or six times- once for each tax year stored in the database.<BR><BR>For example:<BR><BR>Search for a property at "100 Main Street"<BR><BR>While there is only 1 "100 Main Street", a record for "100 Main Street" might exist for 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996 and 1995. This is useful because often times people are searching for year specific information.<BR><BR>Initially, our search list displayed a link to an individual record of a given tax year, such as "100 Main Street, 1999". However, based upon a Microsoft DHTML article, we modified the "Record Page" to have a tab for each tax year. By using Style Sheets, JScript and HTML, each tab can be click upon to show the property information for that tax year.<BR><BR>In order to keep our search reasonably fast, data for each tax year is loaded before the page is displayed, the page for the selected year is displayed and the corresponding tab selected. When the customer clicks on another tab, the data is already present, and client simply displays the information. No additional requests are made on the database on the server.<BR><BR>After testing this arrangement for a few weeks with one of our clients, we "went live" with all three clients on Wednesday. That is when our problems started.<BR><BR>Every couple of hours or so during regular business hours, IIS would stop the web services. There were no errors posted in the event log. It just stopped. During the evening, when traffic to our web site was low, things worked as they should. However, starting Thursday morning, we had to manually restart web services.<BR><BR>We did monitor the resources on the server when performing web searches, and everything seemed to be normal. However, things were obviously not working correctly.<BR><BR>We went back to our old way of doing things late Thursday night(showing an individual record for each tax year, rather than tabs with multiple tax years), and things *seem* to be working again thru mid-day Friday.<BR><BR>My question (finally, right!?) is- was the change in our web application (and, I assume, extra bandwidth used with each search) a possible culprit? If so, is there anything we can do to test this? The new layout is, in the opinion of our company and customers alike, much better. However, if it is causing problems with the services on our web server, we need to find a more "server friendly way" of doing this.<BR><BR>Thank you for your time,<BR><BR>Chris<BR><BR>PS- Please contact if you respond to this post, so that I know to check the board. Thanks.