How do i disable browser buttons(Stop,Back,Forward)

Thread: How do i disable browser buttons(Stop,Back,Forward)

Default How do i disable browser buttons(Stop,Back,Forward)

Hi guys,<BR>I want to disable my Browser buttons for the following purposes:-<BR> for clearing out the history.<BR> for disabling the Stop button.<BR> for making the user not to go to previous page<BR> <BR>&#039am using ASP&#039s but u r also welcome if u provide a solution in HTML side.<BR>I would appreciate any fast reply with either suggestion or sample code<BR>Bye<BR>chris

David Busch Guest

Default RE: How do i disable browser buttons(Stop,Back,Forward)

What we have done in the past is to create an instance of IE by using the CreateObject() function in VB. You can then use the properties of this object to disable any part of the browser.

Default RE: How do i disable browser buttons(Stop,Back,Forward)

There is also a work around with JavaScript. Try opening a new browser window from your default page. You can do this by using a javascript function like this:<BR>function openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features)<BR> { <BR> window.open(theURL,winName,features);<BR>}<BR>and you would call it using an onLoad in the &#060;body> tag<BR><BR>&#060;body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onLoad="openBrWindow(&#039login.asp&#039,&#039main &#039,&#039scrollbars=yes&#039)"><BR><BR>That will take away the buttons. However, you can still right click and go back and forward. Here is some nifty javascript that will take care of that as well:<BR><BR>function right(e) {<BR>var msg = "Sorry, you don&#039t have permission to right-click.";<BR>if (navigator.appName == &#039Netscape&#039 && e.which == 3) {<BR>alert(msg); // Delete this line to disable but not alert user<BR>return false;<BR>}<BR>else<BR>if (navigator.appName == &#039Microsoft Internet Explorer&#039 && event.button==2) {<BR>alert(msg); // Delete this line to disable but not alert user<BR>return false;<BR>}<BR>return true;<BR>}<BR>document.onmousedown = right;<BR><BR>**NOTE: I think the orginal form of this function is from The JavaScript Source http://javascript.internet.com and was created by Martin Webb (martin@irt.org)<BR><BR>Hope that helps!<BR><BR>--brad

Default RE: How do i disable browser buttons(Stop,Back,For

I would like to do the window feature customization without launching a new window. Any idea how to do that? For instance, a link takes the user to a new PAGE, but doesn&#039t launch a new window. I don&#039t want a back button on the new PAGE, but I don&#039t want a new window either. Anyone know how to do that?<BR><BR>--Shawn