FileSystemObject help

Thread: FileSystemObject help

Default FileSystemObject help

I am trying but failing to create a text output file and write to it via asp. I am using the FileSystemObject with the following code, which appears correct to me. Unfortunately the page does nothing. On test, the status bar reads "opening page..." but nothing happens. No crash, no error message, nada.<BR><BR>Could it be a server setting? If so which? Any other ideas?<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR> Dim objFS, objFile <BR> set objFS = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") <BR> set objFile = objFS.CreateTextFile("C: est.txt",false) <BR> objFile.Writeline "test" <BR> objFile.Close<BR> set objFile=Nothing <BR> set objFS=Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR>

Default RE: FileSystemObject help

I cut and copied your exact code into a file and it worked good. It created the output file and everything with the line "test". Try some things like removing the &#039;false&#039; setting or creating the file in a different directory. What system are you on. This was a IIS 5.0 on Win 2000

Mark F Guest

Default RE: FileSystemObject help

I&#039;m developing using PWS 5.0 on Win 2000 - maybe that&#039;s the difference. I&#039;ll try on IIS 5 later