<textarea> and linebreaks?

Thread: <textarea> and linebreaks?

Jim Rudnick Guest

Default <textarea> and linebreaks?

Hi all..<BR>Wondering what&#039;s happening with my code. I allow a user to enter a few lines of salesBlurb data in a &#060;textarea&#062; input area. They hit ENTER after each line of course, and the proper text is displayed fine on screen. <BR><BR>Then, I&#039;m usin...<BR><BR>rs.Fields("SalesData") = TRIM(request.form("txtSalesData"))<BR><BR>to attempt to put that data into the Access MEMO column, which it does fine. I&#039;ve checked and it&#039;s all there, each line on it&#039;s own line just fine. <BR><BR>Later tho, I&#039;ve got to put that salesBlurb back on screen and when I do I use...<BR><BR>&#060;textarea name="txtSalesData" rows=11 cols=44 WRAP&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%=TRIM(rs.Fields("SalesDat a"))%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>Help here guys? What am I missing when it comes to formatting &#060;textarea&#062; to Access Memo columns?<BR><BR>Jim<BR>

Default RE: <textarea> and linebreaks?

Jim Rudnick Guest

Default Ross from FRIENDS says "Nah-Uhh!!!"

Sorry, but I think you missed it. <BR><BR>I realize already how to strip out the breaks. It&#039;s how to I erase the FIRST ONE or TWO that somehow get displayed EVEN when they do not show up in the MEMO column itself?<BR><BR>Capish?<BR><BR>Jim