Boolean Cookie Problems

Thread: Boolean Cookie Problems

David Veits Guest

Default Boolean Cookie Problems

Hi,<BR>I&#039;ve been using a multi-key cookie to store a bunch of different info. Several of the keys are boolean values. I can&#039;t seem to be able to clear these values and then reassign them. The FAQ&#039;s on this site mention that to delete a cookie you just need to write an empty string to it, but when I do that with a boolean key, then try to assign a boolean value to it, I got all kinds of lovely error messages "Type mismatch: &#039;[object]&#039; "<BR><BR>Anyone have any ideas??<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>

Default RE: Boolean Cookie Problems

Cookies can only store string data... instead of using true or false, try "true" or "false". See if that clears it up for ya.

David Veits Guest

Default RE: Boolean Cookie Problems

Thanks,<BR>I thought of that earlier, but I wanted to continue to use it as a boolean value. I can successfully store and compare boolean cookie values, but when I try and delete the cookie by setting it to an empty string, and then back to boolean, it pukes.

Biff Guest

Default Hello McFly

so use string values... sometimes our problems can be solved if we are willing to take a whole new look on it. convert to string, don&#039;t use boolean