Updating a large Recordset

Thread: Updating a large Recordset

strands Guest

Default Updating a large Recordset

Hi<BR><BR>I am looping thru a large (well, several thousand records) recordset and updating a particular column in each row of the recordset.<BR><BR>My pseudo code is kinda like this<BR><BR>Do While Not rs.EOF<BR> If &#060;need to update&#062; Then<BR> rs.fields("colname") = newvalue<BR> rs.update<BR> End IF<BR>rs.movenext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>However this gives me the following error on the rs.update line<BR><BR>Key column information is insufficient or incorrect. Too many rows were affected by update.<BR><BR>However when I look at the data it has gone thru a small percentage of the recordset and performed the update b4 giving the error.<BR><BR>Does anyone know what the problem is????<BR><BR>

Default RE: Updating a large Recordset

just curious, what database are you using? I am not sure at all, but it could be the fact that you are using a low performance databse.

strands Guest

Default RE: Updating a large Recordset

its sorted now<BR><BR>I removed this line from my connection parameters<BR><BR>Conn.CursorLocation = adUseClien<BR><BR>and all was OK.<BR><BR>Cheers anyway<BR>I was using Aceess2000