I&#039;m using an Excel file we have in our office as an OLE DB. It is located on a shared drive, and is regularly opened and edited. I&#039;m simply using it to report some of its information through ASP. <BR><BR>Everything seems to work fine when the file is closed, but when it is open and I try to connect to it, I get the following error: <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Cannot open database &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt. <BR><BR>Here&#039;s my connection string, which works when the file is closed: <BR>"Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)};" & _ <BR> "DriverId=790;" & _ <BR> "Dbq=J:shareaatproj.xls;" & _ <BR> "DefaultDir=J:share;" <BR><BR>I know that if a second person opens an Excel file, they&#039;ll get a "Read-Only" message, but can still view the file. I tried making my connection read-only by using adLockReadOnly in the Open method, but I still got the same error.<BR><BR>So, can I connect to an open Excel file, and if so, how? <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Vincent Poortinga<BR>