CDONTS, SMTP?

Thread: CDONTS, SMTP?

Default CDONTS, SMTP?

I am trying to send a mail from my web application using the CDONTS library. I understand that the mail can be sent using the SMTP and i can see in the Internet Server Manager that it is running. The problem is , I am getting an error(VB Script runtime error 800a0046, permission denied) at the line Objmail.send. What could be the problem? the code is the following..<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim objmail<BR>set objmail = createobject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR>objmail.from = "sarjula@hotmail.com"<BR>objmail.to = "sxa7400@megahertz.njit.edu"<BR>objmail.subjec t = "Hi"<BR>objmail.body = "me fine"<BR>objmail.send<BR>set objmail = nothing<BR>&#037;&#062;<BR>PLease tell me the solution to this problem ASAP a i am stuck with it. The application is running on the windows NT server 4.0 with IIS4.0 on it.<BR>Thanx..<BR>

Bundy Guest

Default RE: CDONTS, SMTP?

I just got the same problem, but it started after we were playing with all the web security permissions (which we thought were all set back to their original settings). Does anyone have any advice?