For Loop -- For Pete's Sake

Thread: For Loop -- For Pete's Sake

Petre Guest

Default For Loop -- For Pete's Sake

This is an abbreviated version of my code. I have a form with dynamically generated checkboxes. On the submit page, I must parse the value of the checkbox into three parts. It all works so long as checkbox one is checked, but if one is not checked then I get an error: Subscript out of range: &#039;[number: 0]&#039;<BR><BR><BR>So I wrote this, trying to say that if the first value = "", then go to the next. (I put in the response.write &#039;PASS&#039; to see what happened on the first loop. It writes &#039;Pass&#039; but does not move on to the &#039;next&#039;. How can I make this work?<BR><BR>x=1 <BR>for each item in request.querystring <BR>value=request.querystring("buy"&x) <BR>if value &#060;&#062; "" then <BR><BR>ary=split(value, "?$#") <BR>if value &#060;&#062; "" then <BR>-- my arrays -- <BR>ELSE <BR>response.write "PASS" <BR>end if <BR><BR>x=x+1 <BR>next <BR>

LeeAnnie Guest

Default RE: For Loop -- For Pete's Sake

How about this.... On your form, have a hidden input field that is updated each time a new checkbox is created. <BR><BR>When the form is first loaded, set the hidden vaue to -1. Then, as a new checkbox is created, increase the hidden value by one. When you submit the form, you will know that no checkboxes were checked if the value is still -1. <BR><BR>&#039;this will not run if the value is -1<BR>for i = 0 to request("myHiddenValue")<BR>&#039;do work<BR>next<BR><BR>HTH<BR>

Petre Guest

Default Okay, maybe, but .... back to my code

I will experiment with that, but I am more interested in why after my end if, the code I have does not move on the NEXT

LeeAnnie Guest

Default RE: Okay, maybe, but .... back to my code

Hard to say.... In the example you have given, there are two if statements and only one end if. Can you update your example?