Delete temporary files

Thread: Delete temporary files

Sav Guest

Default Delete temporary files

For generating reports, I create various temporary files in my database. I also delete all these files except for the one that is used by the recordset displaying the report data. How can I ensure that the temporary file is deleted either when the user clicks on the browser stop or exits from the browser or leaves the report view in any other manner?<BR>Would appreciate any help.<BR>

Default RE: Delete temporary files

If a user clicks "stop", there is nothing you can do. What you can do is keep track of which reports they have had open and delete them on the session_on_end event. Other then that, there is no "sure way" to do this that I know of..<BR><BR>HTH<BR>DRUG_DEALER

Sav Guest

Multiple users will be accessing the reports. The temporary files are created using randomize and stored in the database. Different reports generate different temp files. In the Session_on_end, I will not know all the files that have not been deleted.<BR>Appreciate your help. Any suggestions?<BR>

Sanjay Bedre Guest

An Array can be created to store all the files that are created during a session and on Session_end event all these filenames can be retrieved and deleted accordingly