"file already in use" - ASP regarding MS ACCESS

Thread: "file already in use" - ASP regarding MS ACCESS

avivit Guest

Default "file already in use" - ASP regarding MS ACCESS

I use asp pages in which in each, 2 different databases are accessed there. The main database is a read only, and the other has write permissions. Anyway, in these asp pages there is only retrieval of data. NOT any kind of "write".<BR>These pages are located on the INTRANET.<BR>(The database with the write permission, is updated through<BR>totally another pages, and are updated once a in life time by me and another staff member only. No "write" is being done theses days, and I still get the error).<BR>The error I get once a day, wheh accesing the asp pages is is:<BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Couldn&#039;t use &#039;(unknown)&#039;; file already in use." <BR><BR>I checked microsoft and there is an explanation in the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q174/9/43.ASP <BR><BR>I have no idea what it syas, and would like to understand the meaning of it in simple english.<BR>What kind of permission is missing for the page to be seen properly?<BR><BR>In all pages, the recordset r closed and set to nothing at the end, and also the connectios (Unless I really missed something).

murat can Guest

Default RE:

if u use ms access database<BR>1-)try to repair database.<BR>2-)check permissions i think you have to give full permission.<BR>3-)u may have a registry problem.<BR>take care