Radio Button Value

Thread: Radio Button Value

Troy Guest

Default Radio Button Value

How do I get the radio button value using ASP/VBScript? I have an ASP page where the user can click on a radiobutton (in a set of 3 radiobuttons) and I want to find out which one is clicked when the user hits submit.

Default you give

them all the same name, and different values... through asp, the radio button that was checked is Request.Form ("nameOfRadio") or Request.QueryString("nameOfRadio") .. through scripting languages it&#039;s <BR>document.formName.nameOfRadio.value<BR><BR>Jas on<BR><BR>good night

Default RE: Radio Button Value

elements of your asp page<BR>&#060;input type="radio" name="answer" value="a"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="radio" name="answer" value="b"&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="radio" name="answer" value="c"&#062;<BR><BR>new asp page (form action url):<BR><BR>dim answer<BR>answer = request.form("answer")<BR>

Default CORRECTION!

The answer re getting the value in ASP is correct, but *ONLY* MSIE 5 and above will give you the value if you use document.FormName.ButtonGroupName.value.<BR><BR>If you want to write code that works in all browsers, you need to write:<BR><BR>function getRadioValue( group )<BR>{<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; for ( var i = 0; i &#060; group.length; ++i )<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; {<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; if ( group[i].checked ) return group[i].value;<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; }<BR>&nbsp; &nbsp; return "";<BR>}<BR><BR>Similar code is needed in non-MSIE browsers for checkbox and &#060;SELECT&#062; fields, incidentally! <BR><BR><BR>