javaScript for popUp windows navigation?

Thread: javaScript for popUp windows navigation?

Jim Rudnick Guest

Default javaScript for popUp windows navigation?

Hi all...<BR>My client has decided that he wants his salespeople to be able to change their password at will. This posed no problems, as I&#039;ve coded those pages quite capably, but I&#039;ve got a problem in the "way" that I did it.<BR><BR>I&#039;m using a javascript popup window called changePword.asp to record the users name, old password and new password first. <BR><BR>I then send that data to changeBuilder.asp, where I write the contents of those form fields (after checking that they&#039;re correct) to the dbase security table.<BR><BR>Then after they relog back in (to provide continuity to the security level they receive), I then close that window via javascript again, and would like to redirect them to the beginnings of the web app page, so that they can then use the program. <BR><BR>The thing of it is, I can&#039;t for the life of me figure out how to do that redirect? I&#039;ve tried adding to the &#060;form&#062; tag the &#039;target=_main&#039; parameter, and it doesn&#039;t work. <BR><BR>Anyone provide some assistance here? Where do I spec in this param to make the little window close and the big window go to a new URL?<BR><BR>Jim

Default RE: javaScript for popUp windows navigation?

from the child window you can reference the parent window as "OPENER". try as below, i think it should work(closing the child window and redirecting them to the mainpage in the parent window.<BR><BR>childwindow.close();<BR> er.location.href="mainpage.asp"