If/Then question

Thread: If/Then question

The guy at the keyboard Guest

Default If/Then question

It seems like there should be an easier way to do this, but I can&#039;t find one anywhere. I would still like to use an If/Then, and not a Case.<BR><BR>If strFolderBaseName&#060;&#062;"RECYCLER" and strFolderBaseName&#060;&#062;"TempASP" Then<BR><BR>It seems like this should work, but it doesn&#039;t<BR><BR>If strFolderBaseName&#060;&#062;"RECYCLER" or "TempASP" Then

LeeAnnie Guest

Default RE: If/Then question

Assuming that the two conditions that you are trying to meet are:<BR>1. strFolderBaseName&#060;&#062;"RECYCLER" <BR>2. strFolderBaseName&#060;&#062;"TempASP" <BR><BR>If that is the case, then your first if/then clause should work:<BR>If strFolderBaseName&#060;&#062;"RECYCLER" and strFolderBaseName&#060;&#062;"TempASP" Then<BR><BR><BR>If it doesn&#039;t, then try doing a response.write on strFolderBaseName to see what it really is. Also, keep in mind that you may be dealing with "hidden" spaces. Also, if you feel that doing a select case is in order for any reason, testing for strings is case sensitive; i.e. case "My String" would not be executed if the string is really "my string"...<BR><BR>HTH

The first option you posted should work fine. What is the problem you have got? <BR><BR>Is it just that your don&#039;t like having to type the extra code?<BR><BR>Sadly, there is no way around it. We all have to likve with it.

The guy at the keyboard Guest

Yes, the first option does work, however because of the nature of the program I am forseeing this particular If/Then becoming ridiculously long. <BR><BR>I could use:<BR><BR>Select Case strFolderBaseName<BR> Case "RECYCLER", "TempASP", etc...<BR><BR>However, it doesn&#039;t really read as well in this particular instance.<BR><BR>Thanks, That clears things up for me. I was wondering if I was missing something.

LeeAnnie Guest

Default I see... try this

&#060;%<BR>str = "5"<BR><BR>select case str<BR>case "1"<BR> response.write("1")<BR>case "2", "3", "4", "5"<BR> response.write(str)<BR>case else<BR> response.write("NO MATCH")<BR>end select<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>This should help you out.