Multistep OLE errors

Thread: Multistep OLE errors

Default Multistep OLE errors

Everyday I do quite a bit of DB data collection, updating and inserting (on SQL Server 7). But just recently I started getting this error when I use the text datatype:<BR><BR>Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE <BR>DB status value, if available. No work was done.<BR><BR>All I need to do is retrieve the data. It will work fine if I change the fields datatype to varchar, but why does it error out when I have it as text datatype?

Default You *might* get more info... doing this:<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR><BR>yourConnection.Errors.Clear &#039; may not be need, can&#039;t hurt <BR>on Error Resume Next <BR>yourConnection.Execute SQL &#039; or whatever is causing the problem<BR>On Error GoTo 0 <BR><BR>For each oops In yourConnection.Errors <BR> Response.Write oops.Number & ": " & oops.Description <BR>Next <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>That *might* return you all the errors from each "step" that the system is complaining about. But don&#039;t hold your breath. Seems to work only about 25% of the time.<BR><BR>As for why it is now multi-step: Because text fields (and memo in Access) are handled differently. Internally, the system uses readChunk/writeChunk type of calls to put the (presumed to be huge) data into these fields. But why the error? No idea.<BR><BR>