Netscape and asp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netscape and asp

bimbo Guest

Default Netscape and asp

Ive heard netscape cant do asp, has anyone found a work aorund

django reinhardt Guest

Default you're right

netscape doesn&#039;t do much of anything<BR><BR>no work-around<BR><BR>you&#039;re out of luck<BR><BR>use ie

Default C'mon

Cheezes ***?<BR><BR>Please Bimbo...c&#039;mon<BR><BR>Netscape is a browser and what does browser do ?<BR>They interpret HTML code and show us web pages!<BR><BR>ASP is a technologie that runs on the server and it returns some HTML to our browser which in turns interpret that

bimbo Guest

Default RE: you're right

my cousin says its the bees but shes using windows 97

bimbo Guest

Default RE: C'mon

yes but they cant do asp well netscape cant can it

django reinhardt Guest

Default well, you tell your cousin...

...ah - never mind!

bimbo Guest

Default RE: well, you tell your cousin...

shes so dumb sometimes what can i do

Default RE: Netscape and asp

What do you mean Netscape can&#039;t do ASP? <BR><BR>You can view an ASP page in Netscape. Netscape sucks, so you should do a lot of testing to make sure you&#039;re HTML gets rendered how you think it should, but you don&#039;t have to do anything special.<BR><BR>I hope you mean Netscape browser and not Server. Obviously you can&#039;t run ASP on a Netscape web server.<BR><BR>Now somebody will come along and say that it makes absolutely no difference whether you request a page with Netscape or IE. Well, that should be true... but you may notice that Netscape takes longer or just plain sucks sometimes. You&#039;ll spend 80% of your time for 10% of your viewiers if you want to support Netscape, but what can you do??

Read my lips Guest

Default RE: C'mon

ASP stands for Active SERVER page<BR><BR>The code is run on the server, and returns plain HTML that ANY browser can understand.<BR><BR>This is obviously a troll.

Default She's jackin' around with y'all....

Don&#039;t waste your time answering.