How to write _from_ database _to_ Excel -file (*.x

Thread: How to write _from_ database _to_ Excel -file (*.x

Default How to write _from_ database _to_ Excel -file (*.x

How to insert data FROM MS SQL-database TO Microsoft Excel -file (*.xls)? <BR><BR>Do you have any good example, how to do this? I&#039;ve searched for many days, and I haven&#039;t still found a good example showing how to do this. Even Microsoft&#039;s example from:<BR><BR>---------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR><BR><BR>---------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>didn&#039;t work and I got the following error:<BR><BR>---------------------------------------------------------<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>/aspexcel/excel_update.asp, line 17 <BR>---------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>I wonder what&#039;s wrong with this? <BR><BR>I know that there&#039;s many components available, but I can&#039;t use them, due to strict budget, so it should be done with pure ASP.<BR><BR>Thank you! <BR> <BR> <BR>

Default RE: How to write _from_ database _to_ Excel -file

why not writing a CSV file?? it is much easier

Jennifer Crosby Guest

Default RE: How to write _from_ database _to_ Excel -file

Put this at the top of your results page after your &#060;%option explicit%&#062; and it will pull up your query results in excel. <BR>&#060;%Response.ContentType = "application/"%&#062;<BR><BR>This isn&#039;t bad either<BR><BR><BR>Good Luck!