Stopping pages from caching

Thread: Stopping pages from caching

Ky Guest

Default Stopping pages from caching

I have an ASP application in which I do not want the user to use the standard BACK/FORWARD buttons. However I don&#039;t want to remove them completely but instead I do not want to keep any pages cached, so that if they cick BACK they always get that &#039;this page has expired&#039; or something and have to hit refresh. This is because they will be deleting data from a database and if they go BACK the results shown will be incorrect as deleted data will be displayed again.<BR><BR>Is this possible?

Ghose Guest

Default RE: Stopping pages from caching

U can try this(paste this code at the top of the page): <BR><BR>response.expires = 0<BR><BR>

Ky Guest

Default that didn't work

thanks but that didn&#039;t work........the page was still there with the deleted data shown on screen =(<BR><BR>any other ideas?

Ghose Guest

Default RE: that didn't work

see if this works...<BR><BR>response.expires = 0<BR>response.expiresabsolute = Now() - 1<BR>response.addHeader "pragma","no-cache"<BR>response.addHeader "cache-control","private"<BR>Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"

Ky Guest

Default That worked!

thanks a million!<BR><BR>

Default RE: that didn't work

Try using the same line but with a different time<BR><BR>Response.Expires = -1500<BR><BR>At the top of the page.<BR><BR>Jarvis