I&#039;m trying to implement a web service on a companies intranet, they are running IIS 5 on a Windows 2000 professional server edition. At present they have set up virtual directories within the default website which point to the various applications they have which are situated on another partition - all works fine so far.<BR>The problem I have is that when I try to implement a new service, to get all the permisions, File DNS, etc I have to restart the service, some times several times while I get it bolted down. This restarts all services, so any users connected are promptly kicked out, which is unacceptable to the client.<BR>Is there a way around this? Is there a way to just restart the service on one directory?<BR>I find it hard to believe that the whole service has to be restarted everytime a change is made to permisions on one folder or file but I cant find a way around it.<BR>Any help appreciated as i&#039;m getting fed up with coming in at 4 in the morning befor any other users get here.