Refer to text box

Thread: Refer to text box

Steve Rowson Guest

Default Refer to text box

I have a recordset with 4 field in it. 3 of them simply display data, the fourth initially displays data but is in a text box and can therefore be edited. At the end of each row I have a hyperlink in which I am passing the unique ID of each row. I would like also to pass the value of the text box. Lets say the text box is called Quantity. How do I refer to the value of Quantity in the hyperlink. Assistance much appreciated. Any other sad people working on a Sunday?

Default RE: Refer to text box

I believe this what you want:<BR><BR>This will create a link on the value of Quantity passing the value of ID to page named LinkPage.asp:<BR><BR>&#060;a href="LinkPage.asp?ID=&#060;%=rs("ID")%&#062;"&#06 2;&#060;%=rs("Quantity")%&#062;&#060;/a&#062;

Steve Rowson Guest

Default RE: Refer to text box

Thanks Eric for your reply but that is not what I want to do. The text box Quantity originally gets its value from a recordset but a user can change the quantity. I want to send the new quantity, i.e. the value of the text box Quantity after it has been altered, in the hyperlink. I just can&#039t get the syntax. Any further help much appreciated.<BR>I have tried things like&#060;a href="LinkPage.asp?ID=&#060;%=rs("ID")%&amp;NewQua ntity="Quantity.value"&#062;"&#062;&#060;Click here to update&#062;&#060;/a&#062; and about a million variations of this but I can&#039t get it right.