Setting Focus

Thread: Setting Focus

Mr. Bob Guest

Default Setting Focus

Senerio: Page one, user enters in their ID. Page two, ID is in a text box and they have more to fill in.<BR>Problem: There isn&#039;t a curser in the next box. I know how to set focus in other situations but this one is just being a pest.<BR><BR>Any thoughts?

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default HUh? Mr. Doesn't know what the heck you want

if you know how to set the focus whats the problem?

Mr. Bob Guest

Default RE: HUh? Mr. Doesn't know what the heck you w

Sorry for not much detail.<BR>You see, i have the ----.foucs code in subs above the body. but the part im stuck on is in the HTML, and im new to this game. I dont know if i need a sub that the text box is linked to and if so what on--- command do i use? i dont know if i can just put it in the HTML some how or what. i hope this is a bit more clear. thanks for your help.

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default clear as bourbon and baileys

Dude.<BR><BR>Evidently english isn&#039;t your first language.<BR><BR>&#060;body onLoad=document.formname.fieldname.focus();&#062;< BR><BR>change formname and fieldname to the field you want to have focus on Load of the window.

Mr. Bob Guest

Default RE: clear as bourbon and baileys

Thanks much.<BR>English is my only language, but it&#039;s "Liquid Lunch Thursady!" and I was running late for a meeting. <BR><BR>Thanks again,<BR>Mr. Bob