Lear Guest

Hello!<BR><BR>I have a frameset of three pages.<BR>Made up of <BR><BR> banner.htm<BR> mainframe.htm<BR> nav.htm<BR>and the frameset is called index.htm<BR><BR>i want to be &#039;response.redirect "index.htm"&#039; to the index.htm page from the mainframe.htm page.<BR>but its loading the whole index.htm page into the mainframe.htm<BR><BR>any ideas on how to get it to refresh the whole frameset?<BR><BR>ANY IDEAS ANYONE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default severely confused i guess

You cannot mix server/client code, which is what you want to do.<BR><BR>Two ways that i know to do this (easily).<BR><BR>do a redirect to page that pops you out of frames <BR>or on the index.htm page, have code that breaks you out of frames.<BR><BR>here is the javascript code.<BR><BR>if (self != top) <BR>top.location.href = &#039;index.htm&#039;; <BR>

Lear Guest

Default This Is what i want to do..

All i want to do is for the page to refresh itself!<BR><BR>is there way of refreshing the whole frameset ?

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default RE: This Is what i want to do..

sure.<BR><BR>top.location.refresh();<BR><BR>should work<BR><BR>what was all the extra crap about a response.redirect if you wanted to do a refresh?<BR><BR>confusion is the thief of time.

Lear Guest

Default I dident know what to do...

i dident know which way to about it?<BR><BR>i wanted to update info on the nav.htm page. and i had form loaded in the mainframe.htm page..and i thought that response.redirect back to the index.htm page would referesh the pages and the changes could be seen! by the WORLD!<BR><BR>so there is no way i can refresh the WHOLE FRAME SET PAGE.???

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default some things are obvious, in hindsight

whats wrong with the code i gave you?<BR><BR>according to that will work.<BR><BR>just call that javascript code and it will reload the entire frameset.

Lear Guest

Default RE: some things are obvious, in hindsight

I put in the line of code and and it is loading the entire frameset into the mainframe.htm....<BR><BR>What to do now?????

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default RE: some things are obvious, in hindsight

what in the world?<BR><BR>check out this link<BR><BR>perhaps we are crossing signals here.<BR>I don&#039;t know where you are calling it or anything so I am guessing, really.