URGENT!!! Persist variables with Response.Redirect

Thread: URGENT!!! Persist variables with Response.Redirect

AnnEBody Guest

Default URGENT!!! Persist variables with Response.Redirect

URGENT...Any help is appreciated!!!!<BR>I need to persist the values stored in variables and an array between ASP pages, however, because of the number of concurrent users, I can&#039;t use global.asa Application or Session variables. The page(s) are being called using the VBScript command Response.Redirect based on user input. (i.e. If user is on page Page1.asp and inputs X, x.asp is loaded, but if user inputs Y, y.asp is loaded. However, response.redirect does not allow the request.form command to retrieve the values in variables from Page1.asp) <BR><BR>How can I make the variables persistant like global variables in VB???<BR>

Default And why not

It will and it does. Except when you do something wrong and blame the request object.<BR><BR>Brain Power.

AnnEBody Guest

Default RE: And why not

Ok, but can you be more specific? I&#039;ve tried every which way from Sunday, unsuccessfully!! What am I doing wrong???????

Default just a thought..

maybe you need smth. like this:<BR>..page1.asp...<BR>&#060;%response.buffer= true%&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;script language="JAVASCRIPT"&#062; <BR>function GoSubmit() <BR>{ <BR>document.form1.submit(); <BR>} <BR>&#060;/script&#062;<BR>..<BR>abc = request("txt")<BR>.. <BR>&#060;form name=form1 action="page1.asp"...onSubmit="GoSubmit()"&#062;<B R>&#060;input type=text name=txt&#062;<BR>...<BR>If abc &#060;&#062; "" then<BR> abcASP = abc&".asp"<BR> Response.Redirect abcASP<BR>..<BR>hth

AnnEBody Guest

Default RE: just a thought..

Thanks John!<BR>How does that persist the variables & multidimensional array when I get to abcASP???