Thread: vfp

Default vfp

when i make a dsn connection the db works fine but when i try to make a dsnless connection the db gives me an error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80040e37&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object &#039;robert&#039;. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. <BR><BR>/andras/dbf/ctry.asp, line 20 <BR><BR>and the object does exist, i didn&#039;t change the code only the connection code.<BR>Set DBConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")<BR> <BR>DBConnection.Open "Driver={Microsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf)};" & _<BR> "SourceType=DBF;" & _<BR> "SourceDB=db
    obert.dbf;" & _<BR> "Exclusive=No;"<BR><BR>SQL = "select * from robert"<BR>set show = DBConnection.execute(SQL)<BR>do while not show.eof<BR><BR>response.write show("LNAME") & "<BR>"<BR>show.movenext<BR><BR>loop<BR><BR>DBConne ction.close<BR>set DBConnection = nothing<BR>set show = nothing<BR>set SQL = nothing<BR>

Default Try changing to...

DBConnection.Open "Driver={Microsoft dBase Driver (*.dbf)};" & _<BR>"SourceType=DBF;" & _<BR>"SourceDB=db;" & _<BR>"Exclusive=No;"<BR><BR><BR>HTH<BR><BR>Jerry<B R><BR>