CDONTS question

Thread: CDONTS question

Seth F Guest

Default CDONTS question

Our client support website is password protected due to some proprietary information. I have included a button to request the client&#039;s password should he/she forget it. It is then sent to the e-mail address stored in our database.<BR>The problem I have is that when using the CDONTS object of IIS to send mail, some e-mail addresses don&#039;t work. In test runs, I sent letters to my school account, my hotmail account, my aol account and my buisness account. The two that didn&#039;t recieve the letters were my school account and my buisness account, both of which have e-mail addresses in the form "" or "" Is this a limitation of the CDONTS object? Is there a way to fix this problem?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Default Not a CDONTS problem

Some of your emails went through, so I&#039;d guess the problem lies outside of CDONTS. I&#039;ve never heard of a CDONTS restriction as you&#039;ve described. It could be SMTP on your server...<BR><BR>Increase your maximum hop count in your SMTP settings. It could be configured high enough to let some of your emails get delivered, but low enough to stop the others. Also, check your badmail and Queue folders to see if something is hanging there.<BR><BR>I&#039;ve never seen an email address of usually it&#039;s Is this just an error?<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Not a CDONTS problem

Sorry,<BR><BR>I meant to indicate or<BR><BR>Thanks for your advice