Hi,<BR><BR>I&#039;ve written procedures for connecting to unsecured Access databases on many previous occasions, but i&#039;m having trouble with my connection strings now that I&#039;m trying to connect to a password protected Access database. I have a couple of questions about this:<BR><BR>1) Hwo do I correctly submit the password to the database? Currently my connection string contains the phrase "USER ID=blah;PASSWORD=blahword" but the database keeps returning the error <BR><BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80040e4d&#039; <BR><BR>Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user. <BR><BR><BR>I&#039;m using my network logon for USER ID and the database password for PASSWORD. Is this correct?<BR><BR>2) I&#039;m not keen on people being able to find out the database password from my ASP code. Or my logon password either for that matter. Is there any way I can hide these from prying eyes (including systems administrators?)<BR>