Forms and Frames interaction

Thread: Forms and Frames interaction

Wouter van Eck Guest

Default Forms and Frames interaction

Hi, I have the following situation: I have two frames, the the right frame contains a asp page with a form in it and within that form an undefined number of checkboxes. The left frame has also an asp page with an form to update a database. I want the update form to read/scan all the checkboxes for their status and submit these values to the database. Is there somebody how could help me with some code to read those status values in one frame and have it available in the other frame for vbscript?

Default RE: Forms and Frames interaction

There are ways to do this, but I dont realy know how so I´ll just tell you what I know about it.<BR><BR>You can get the status of an object in another frame with java (I think it is), the line looks SOMETHING like this:<BR>Frame.Document.object<BR><BR>I think Dreamweaver (2) use this.<BR><BR>Hope it helps you some.

Sonali B. Guest

Default RE: Forms and Frames interaction

My understanding of problem ---------<BR>You have one ASP page with 2 Frames<BR>Say ---Frame1 and Frame2<BR>Frame 2(right side frame contains checkBoxes)<BR>Frame 1(left Side frame...Code written to update database)<BR><BR>solution-------<BR><BR>Following code may help you............................. <BR>-------------frame2.asp---------------------<BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR>&#060;Form Name="frmUserTrans" method="post" action="frame1.asp" Target="frame1"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="checkbox" name="ChkRole" checked value=1&#062;1<BR>&#060;input type="checkbox" name="ChkRole" checked value=2&#062;2<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR><BR>here give all checkboxes common name like(CHkRole), if they belong to a group.<BR>then submit the page, and load frame1.asp in first frame using target property<BR><BR>----------------frame1.asp-------------------------<BR>&#060;% for each box in Request.Form("ChkRole")<BR> (objUser.Roles.Add(box) -----your code)<BR> next<BR>%&#062;