SMTP stumped !!!!

Thread: SMTP stumped !!!!

Default SMTP stumped !!!!

Hi,<BR>this has me stumped for long time... tried all methods, but in vain so coming to the Xperts :o)<BR>Basically <BR>* I have a web site containing forms<BR>* I must mail the form to myself or to anyone whoever the Options r chosen<BR>* I dont want to use tha mailto tag !!!!<BR><BR>the Question is <BR>* how do u configure a SMTP server ??????? <BR>* i am running a IIS4 and also installed SMTP server in my MMC and can see it running.. but what should i do so that all the forms are redirected as mails without the NETSCAPE MAIL WARNING popping up..<BR>* we do have a mail server hosted by another organisation though !<BR>* so what do i do to point my SMTP server on my WEB server to point to the actual mail server....<BR><BR>* any nice documentation of SMTP server would be appreciated<BR><BR>sigh!! hope someone understands my problems.. i guess i am confused !!!<BR><BR>adios<BR>rags

Default RE: SMTP stumped !!!!

Sorry all,<BR><BR>FYI I have gone thru the entire SMTP documentation thats comes with the IIS but stil stumped.. thought I would tell all of u this !!<BR><BR>regards<BR>rags

John Harvey Guest

Default RE: SMTP stumped !!!!

If you have SMTP installed on the web server, you should use ASP and the CDONTS.NewMail object. Basically, you have an ASP handle the Form submission, and write the Form results to the body of the E-Mail. I&#039m not sure how much you know about the object, but this is a snippet:<BR>Set objEMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR>objEMail. To = "someone@somewhere.com"<BR>objEMail.From = "automailer@domain.com"<BR>objEMail.Subject = "Form submission from Web Site..."<BR>objEMail.Body = Request("Form_Field")<BR>Rem Body Tag can be any string, this is an example.<BR>objEMail.Send<BR>Set objEMail = Nothing &#039Good Boy!<BR>This is a really nice way to send e-mail, and you can send attachments, and other goodies like HTML content.<BR>Regards,<BR>John Harvey