Opening a Connection while supplying workgroup

Thread: Opening a Connection while supplying workgroup

KevinT Guest

Default Opening a Connection while supplying workgroup

Is there a way to open a Access DB(.mde in this case) and supply a workgroup with ASP? Or at least a way to get around the permission problems that not using a workgroup causes. Thanks.

Jeremy_D Guest

Default RE: Opening a Connection while supplying workgroup

Something like this:<BR><BR>cnn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _<BR> "Data Source=\MyComputerMyShareMyDatabase.mdb;" & _<BR> "Jet OLE DB:System Database=\MyComputerMyShareMySystem.mdw"<BR><BR>Th e "Jet OLE DB:System Database" property determines the workgroup file.<BR>

KevinT Guest

Default Thanks but..

Well it seems to work but it did not get rid of the error I thought the WrkGp was causing.<BR><BR>Here is the error:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;F:WebPagesWSHOMEAccessReservationsReserve_Da ta.mdb&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>/access/reservations/Data.asp, line 23 <BR><BR>The reservations08.mde has a bunch of linked tables from Reserve_Data.mdb. When ever I try and access a linked table I get this error. Non linked tables work fine. I know the mdb is not in use by anyone else and the ISUR_Machinename has full control for all of the database files. I am at a loss on this one.<BR><BR>Here is the code snipit if it helps:<BR><BR>WorkGp="Jet OLE DB:System Database=" & Server.MapPath("Reserve_Users.mdw")<BR><BR>set objDC=Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")<BR>cnpath="DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("Reservations08.mde") & ";"<BR>objDC.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & cnpath & WorkGp<BR><BR>Set objRSResrv = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>strS QLResrv = "SELECT * FROM [Reservations]"<BR><BR>objRSResrv.Open strSQLResrv, objDC, 3,3<BR><BR>Thanks for any help. <BR><BR>