Andrew Howe

Thread: Andrew Howe

Andrew Howe Guest

Default Andrew Howe

I&#039;m having problems using the 3rd party component JMail. In the past I&#039;ve used it to generate automatic reports of database errors, collect user feedback - all emails from "someone" to us. I&#039;ve found it excellent for that.<BR><BR>Now I want to work the other way around; to generate an email to confirm to the potential purchaser the price and other details. I collect the user&#039;s email address, pop it in a Session variable, but when I do:<BR><BR>JMail.AddRecipient Session("Email")<BR><BR>it doesn&#039;t work, whereas if I do:<BR><BR>JMail.AddRecipient "my email address as a string constant"<BR><BR>it does.<BR><BR>Does anyone have any ideas as to what&#039;s going on? Some problem with the @ within a Session variable??<BR><BR>Looking forward to cracking it!<BR><BR>Best wishes<BR>Andrew<BR>

Default RE: Andrew Howe

yes, sessions don&#039;t alwayss behave like strings<BR><BR>try Jmail.addRecipient CStr(Session("var"))

Andrew Howe Guest

Default RE: Andrew Howe

Thanks Atrax!<BR><BR>Strangely I had already tried what you suggested, seemingly without success, but it worked this time. Maybe some glitch in the internet?!<BR><BR>Thanks again.<BR><BR>Best wishes<BR>Andrew