I am trying to allow a user to download a file from a server to their hard drive by clicking on a "Download" button. <BR><BR>I am also attempting to allow the user to save the file using a filename which is different from it&#039;s filename on the server. <BR><BR>The format of the file could be anything: pdf, word doc, excel doc, jpeg, gif, etc.<BR><BR>Here&#039;s what I tried ... <BR><BR>---- download.asp ---- <BR><BR>&#060;form action="getFile.asp" method="post"&#062; <BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="document_name" value="&#060;%=strDocName%&#062;"&#062; <BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="file_name" value="&#060;%=strFileName%&#062;"&#062; <BR>&#060;input type="submit" name="submit" value="Download"&#062; <BR>&#060;/form&#062; <BR><BR><BR>---- getFile.asp ---- <BR><BR>Dim strDocName, strFileName, strContentType <BR>strDocName = Request.Form("document_name") <BR>strFileName = Request.Form("file_name") <BR><BR>Dim objStream <BR> <BR>Set objStream = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream") <BR> objStream.Type = 1 &#039;Set to Binary Data <BR> objStream.Open <BR><BR>On Error Resume Next <BR> objStream.LoadFromFile strFileName <BR> If Err.Number &#060;&#062; 0 Then <BR> objStream.Close <BR> Set objStream = Nothing <BR> Response.End <BR> Else <BR> Response.ContentType = "application/download" <BR> Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=" & strDocName & ";" <BR> Response.BinaryWrite objStream.Read <BR> objStream.Close <BR> setObjStream = Nothing <BR> End If <BR><BR><BR>Unfortunately, this pops up a save/open dialog with the previous asp (download.htm) in the filename textfield. It then saves the previous asp in html format. Bummer. <BR><BR>Any suggestions on how to fix this? <BR><BR>- Graham