I am using the Recordset and Grid DTC&#039s to display data from four databases on four different machines. I have implemented a drop-down box with the server names in it. When a particular server is selected, that Application("&#060;connect_string&#062;") variable is passed into the display page with a SQL command.<BR><BR>So......I have one Recordset and one Grid DTC on the display page. I build and open another new recordset i.e. <BR><BR>NewCN=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connectio n")<BR>NewRs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset" ) <BR><BR>(these are not DTC&#039s) <BR><BR>with the appropriate connect string and SQL command based on what server was selected and then.....<BR><BR>Recordset1.close<BR>Recordset1.se tSQLText(strSQLText)<BR>Recordset1.setRecordSource (NewRs)<BR>Recordset1.open<BR>Grid1.bindAllColumns <BR><BR>**(Recordset1 and Grid1 are DTC&#039s)<BR><BR>I get the error:<BR>The application is using arguments that are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.<BR><BR>The correct data comes up (without NAV buttons though) but so does that error!<BR><BR>I have talked to the folks at Microsoft about this and in fact this solution has been developed with their help.<BR><BR>I have developed a dynamic solution that uses no DTC&#039s but it requires a lot of code to display the data properly (with nav buttons). <BR><BR>Microsoft wants to use a solution that hides and shows the grids but I want DYNAMIC!! <BR><BR>There must be a way to use these DTC&#039s with a connection (server) that can be changed by the user at the interface level.<BR><BR>Has anyone out there run into this problem???<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>geoff.