Recordset giving me problems.

Thread: Recordset giving me problems.

Default Recordset giving me problems.

I own a games website, and I am programming an ASP database. The searching though is giving me problems. I use an Access database, and it has got several, but I want to join two databases together - members and games onto a field called MemID.<BR><BR>I have this as the string:<BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM games INNER JOIN members ON games.MemID = members.MemID WHERE " & where & " LIKE &#039;*" & what & "*&#039; ORDER BY " & sort & " " & sortby<BR><BR>When ever I search it always gives me the error:<BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0bcd&#039; <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted; the operation requested by the application requires a current record. <BR><BR>/games/games.asp, line 53<BR><BR>Line 53 is:<BR>rs.MoveFirst<BR><BR>I am using that code on 4guys which allows you to go through the records by pages, and the pages contain no more than 15 records.<BR><BR>Why am I recieving the error? It can&#039;t be the EOF, BOF one, because even on search strings which contain records I get the error.

Default RE: Recordset giving me problems.

I would say you have no records in the recordset. always check for EOF before doing ANY rs operation

Ghose Guest

Default % instead of *

% is used as wildcard in SQL, not *<BR><BR>Your Sql Query is searchin for posts that contain *varName* instead of using wildcard.