help required !!!!

Thread: help required !!!!

Default help required !!!!

hi,<BR><BR> Its just a basic query from my end... I wanted to know how i could allow users to download a particular file.It could be a zip file, or a txt file or could be any other file. I want to provide the user with a link to download this file and on click of the same the file should be downloaded to the client&#039;s machine.Is this possible.<BR><BR>Any help is greatly appreciated,<BR><BR>thanks again,<BR>rags

Default RE: help required !!!!

Hmm... <BR><BR>So your question is how to list files and make people download them?<BR><BR>If the files are not in a database, you can use FileSystemObjects in ASP to list them, and create links to them so users would get prompted for "saving" it.<BR><BR>Secondly, if they ARE in a database, you just open a connection and recordset with your query to list the contents of the "files" table. <BR><BR>I mean, you can easily create a hyperlink to say <BR>&#060;a href=""&#062;Download NOW&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR>I am not 100% sure I answered your question. If not, just write back.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Vadim C.<BR>