I also posted this on the advanced ASP board, but I realized that this is probably a better forum:<BR><BR>I am working on a ASP web project with a SQL Server 7 (SP1) backend. During the course of this, I have discovered that when using stored procedures to create a recordset, all I can get is a firehose (forward and read only) cursor on the server side. This happens regardless of whether I use a command object to generate the recordset, or if I use a string to call the stored procedure directly. Here&#039s how I&#039m opening the recordset<BR><BR>objRS.CursorType = 3 &#039adOpenStatic<BR>objRS.LockType = 1 &#039adOpenReadOnly<BR>objRS.Open oCmd_cash_price<BR><BR><BR>When I use a SQL string to imitate the stored procedure, everything works just fine. I can create whatever kind of server-side cursor I want. Also, if I use a client-side cursor, the recordset operates just as it should (adOpenStatic).<BR><BR>I am also having several other problems. When I use SQLOLEDB provider, the cursor type and lock type refuse to change. When I print them back out they always appear as adOpenForwardOnly and adLockReadOnly. When I switch to the OLEDB for ODBC driver, I get and error message that indicates that I&#039ve attempted to change the cursor type [Error Number: 265946[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Cursor type changed]. Also, the ODBC connection method tells me that I have opened the cursor that I requested, but it still functions as a adOpenForwardOnly cursor.<BR><BR>Other issues have also cropped up. When I attempted to run a SELECT query against the database, the OLEDB connection indicated that the user didn&#039t have permissions to do that (the SQL Sever Enterprise manager tells me otherwise). Attempting the same thing through an ODBC connection functions normally.<BR><BR>Has anyone encountered any of these bugs before, or has anyone successfully accomplished what I&#039m trying to do? <BR><BR>Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point-- it might even save some of my hair.<BR><BR>Matt A. Thompson