Question RE: Everyone's favorite error (ASP 0

Thread: Question RE: Everyone's favorite error (ASP 0

kpw Guest

Default Question RE: Everyone's favorite error (ASP 0

Hey, all,<BR><BR>I was using Dynu Systems&#039; DynuEmail component and got the dreaded ASP 0115 error. Upon reviewing my code, I happened to notice that I had accidentally set the subject line for the e-mail twice. Upon fixing this little error, everything worked okay.<BR><BR>So here&#039;s my question: Given that I had used "On Error Resume Next" in my VBScript code, shouldn&#039;t any unhandled "trappable errors" within the Dynu object have "bubbled up" to my ASP code, thus allowing my script to run fat and happy even though there was an error?

Default RE: Question RE: Everyone's favorite error (A

if it&#039;s an error that eventually won&#039;t allow the process to function, the app will crap out at some point anyway, just not necessarily at the point in the code where the error is thrown<BR><BR>for example, if i NEED the value, x, for my app to work right and i don&#039;t get it, i may not see an error where the app originally asks for x, but the app will stop at some point because it doesn&#039;t have x

kpw Guest

Default So you're saying...

... that it&#039;s kind of like screwing up an API call? In that it doesn&#039;t matter what kind of error handling you&#039;ve got, if you screw up an API call the app is just going to crash.<BR><BR>Makes sense (I guess).