Help with database error!

Thread: Help with database error!

Default Help with database error!

Hi everyone.<BR><BR>I am trying to create a database query and sometimes when i run it it comes up with an error:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039;<BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] At most one record can be returned by this subquery.<BR><BR>I&#039;m a bit stuck as to how this error is caused and how i can correct it.<BR>Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Jarvis

Default RE: Help with database error!

As you do not show your statement I surmise that you have something along the lines of this<BR><BR>select * from t where id = (select id from q where ...<BR><BR>change that to<BR><BR>select * from t where id in (select id from q where ...<BR><BR>(using = (select ... ) will check that the subquery does not return more than one row<BR><BR>Another possible culprit may be a construction like <BR><BR>select c1,(select c2 from q where ...) from t<BR><BR>where scalar select may not return more than one row. Maybe it is easier if you show the statement.