Passing Hidden Values Using onUnload

Thread: Passing Hidden Values Using onUnload

Walt Guest

Default Passing Hidden Values Using onUnload

Hello,<BR><BR>I am wanting to send hidden values in a form from one page to another. I can do this using a submit button.<BR><BR>It would be much better for my application to let the page send the values without user intervention. I think I should be able to write a function to do the submit and then use the onUnload event in the BODY tag to launch the function. I&#039;m not familar enough with javascript to get it to work.<BR><BR>If anyone can help, you would be doing me a terrific favor.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>Walt <BR>

Default RE: Passing Hidden Values Using onUnload

You can do this in a VBScript tag inside a HTML hidden text box,<BR>like so:<BR>&#060;%<BR>payrise= 1000<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="hideme" id="hideme" value="&#060;%=payrise%&#062;"&#062;<BR><BR>then on the next page(after hitting the submit button):<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>payrise = request.form("hideme")<BR>%&#062;

Walt Guest

Default RE: Passing Hidden Values Using onUnload

What I&#039;m trying to do is send the values WITHOUT using the submit button. I want to use a function to mimic the use of the submit button. I have seen code that uses a function such as this: (example, I know the syntax is incorrect)<BR>function Refresh(){<BR>document.form_name.submit()<BR>}<BR> <BR>Then the BODY tag has a onUnload="Refresh()" statement. Using this concept the hidden values will be available to ANY page in the site the user selects. The syntax is what I can&#039;t get.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>Walt