Maximum Size on TextArea?

Thread: Maximum Size on TextArea?

RobT Guest

Default Maximum Size on TextArea?

Is there a maximum amount of data that a textarea can hold?<BR>We have users entring large blocks of text in to a textarea andd they keep saying iti si getting cut off.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Rob

Default RE: Maximum Size on TextArea?

Hi Rob, <BR><BR>I haven&#039;t noticed any cutoffs on the textarea. I tested by placing lots of text.... and noticed no cutoff. I mean I&#039;m using a 19" screen at 1280x1024 res and the amount of text I passed fills the screen lots and lots and lots and lots of times... believe me I placed many lines. The only thing noticable is the lag to display the info.<BR><BR>How much text are you entering? I would like to test this out (honestly I don&#039;t think there is a limit... just the lag will become unberable)<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Vadim C.

RobT Guest

Default The Answer - Maximum Size on TextArea?

Never mind I have found the answer. As it turns out different browsers have limits on how much text you can put in a textarea. The limit is usually a minimum of 32 kb from what I have found. From what I have read Netscape is set to only allow 32 kb.<BR><BR>If you want to check the size of your textarea data there is an article about it here.<BR><BR><BR><BR>Rob<BR>