Urgent! -Must use updateable query error.

Thread: Urgent! -Must use updateable query error.

Alicia Louis Guest

Default Urgent! -Must use updateable query error.

Hi,<BR>I&#039ve been receiving this message recently for some asp pages in my web project,(which was working fine a few weeks ago...arrggghh!)<BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. <BR><BR>/discuss/topics.asp, line 107 "<BR><BR>And from research I&#039ve found out that it might be caused by FrontPage Extensions that was put on that server that has caused permission to database unintentionally set to read only, only.<BR>Therefore, some of my pages pages that contains update database codes receive that error.<BR><BR>Can anyone help me to solve this problem? How and where do I set so that my database have read and write permissions?<BR><BR>Please advice.<BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>

Rahul Malhotra Guest

Default RE: Urgent! -Must use updateable query error.

&nbsp;<BR>Do you have your own server, or a remote webhost?<BR><BR>Rahul

Alicia Guest

Default RE:Yes I have my own NT Server

Dear Rahul,<BR>Yes I am using Windows NT Server.<BR>what about it?<BR>Please advice. Thanks.

Rahul Guest

Default RE:Yes I have my own NT Server

&nbsp;<BR>Dear Alicia,<BR><BR>Try resetting the permissions on the directory containing the database so that the write permissions are also authorized. You cannot do this from FrontPage, as it just displays the virtual directories. Go to the Microsoft Management Console which manages the web server and change the access permission over there. You should see that the access permission is read-only by default for all directories.<BR><BR>Let me know if that doesn&#039t work.<BR><BR>Rahul