function not finishing?

Thread: function not finishing?

Tony Guest

Default function not finishing?

Does anyone know why the hourglass symbol would keep turning next to the mouse pointer after I use a link to call a JavaScript function to load a frame? <BR><BR>The frame loads fine, but the hourglass keeps turning next to the mouse pointer in the frame with the link. This confuses the users. <BR>-------------------------<BR>function loadFrame( myURL)<BR>{<BR> parent.right.navigate(myURL);<BR>}<BR><BR>&#060;a href="JavaScript:loadFrame( &#039;someURL.htm&#039;);"&#062;Load&#060;/a&#062;<BR>--------------------------<BR>Oh, and also, it only seems to happen after the browser is minimized and then restored (which users do often)...???<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>

Default RE: function not finishing?

I would look at the page you are loading in the frame. Maybe there is something in that page that isn&#039;t finishing.

Tony Guest

Default RE: function not finishing?

Good Point. <BR><BR>I already checked this. I even substituted a blank .htm and the hourglass still continues to spin after the frame is loaded (but only after the browser window has been minimized).<BR><BR>I can&#039;t find anything on the web about this issue. I wonder if it&#039;s a bug in IE?