Multiple connections

Thread: Multiple connections

Bri Guest

Default Multiple connections

I open up 2 seperate connection objects on my page and then close them at the end of the page. Now when I view the page I find that most times the page displays everything except for my last banner which is after I close my 2 connections. Could this have anything to do with the connections not closing or not timing out?<BR><BR>Here&#039;s the code:<BR><BR>Set Conn = CreateObject( "ADODB.Connection" )<BR><BR>Conn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=user;Data Source=name;Connect Timeout=30;Extended Properties=""DSN=name;Description=name;SERVER=ISS; UID=user;DATABASE=name;Network=DBMSSOCN;Locale Identifier=1033;Initial Catalog=name;User Id=user;PASSWORD=pass"<BR><BR>Set Conn2 = CreateObject( "ADODB.Connection" )<BR><BR>Conn2.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=user;Data Source=Area;Connect Timeout=30;Extended Properties=""DSN=Area;Description=Area;SERVER=ISS; UID=user;DATABASE=Area;Network=DBMSSOCN;Locale Identifier=1033;Initial Catalog=Area;User Id=user;PASSWORD=pass"<BR><BR>code<BR>code <BR>code<BR>code<BR>etc.<BR><BR>Conn.Close<BR>Se t Conn = Nothing<BR><BR>Conn2.Close<BR>Set Conn2 = Nothing<BR>

Default Well...

Does your banner depend on data from the database? You cannot still use data from the database if you close the connection. If it does not, then your error is someplace else.<BR><BR>-- Whol