Error message

Thread: Error message

need_help! Guest

Default Error message

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039;(unknown)&#039;. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR><BR>/hollyoaks/members/ado.asp, line 9 <BR><BR>this is from network connection with mapped drive E: otherwise it works fine locally (ie if i put the database on the same server and change the connection string to there)<BR><BR>I have tried these:<BR><BR>sDSN = "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=E:\(*MyServername*) b"<BR><BR>sDSN = "driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};dbq=E:SYSdatadatabase.mdb"<BR><BR>but neither work...access program not on server so database is not locked through that....anonymous access in IIS is on...

Default RE: Error message

I&#039;ve come across this problem before after I&#039;ve done a &#039;Compact & Repair&#039; on an MDB. The only solution I found was to copy the database to the same directory, delete the old one, then rename the copy to the original name.