Help! my page won't load!

Thread: Help! my page won't load!

Joshua Sells Guest

Default Help! my page won't load!

I hope some one can help me. I have been fighting with this for a week. I am trying to run a batch file which in turn starts a macro in access 97 to output a fairly complex report to html. The batch file works when I manually run it from win explorer. The problem occurs when I try to load an ASP with this code:<BR><BR>Set Obj = Server.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")<BR>commandlin e="c:yyyatchfile.bat"<BR>Obj.Run commandline<BR><BR>The server always times out trying to load the page. I have some html before and after the script so I could try to see where it was getting hung up, but it does not even load the html on the page.<BR>I thought this was the proper way to run a .bat or .exe, but it is not working for me. Help me?! Please?!!??<BR>Thanks in advance <BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR> <BR>

Default RE: Help! my page won't load!

This is the proper way to call an exe or bat file.<BR><BR>I also face a problem of passing a parameter along with exe. When I run the stand alone exe, it runs. But when I call from ASP by passing an parameter it is not. Any guesS?

Reggie Guest

Default Have you tried a anything simple?

Have you tried a batch file that doesn&#039;t do anything particularly complicated? Just try something simple to see if it is the execution of the file that is causing the problem or if it is the file itself.

Joshua Sells Guest

Default RE: Have you tried a anything simple?

Yes, I d/l this ASP source and tried it. It also had a .dll which i had to register. It wouldn&#039;t work until I rebooted the server, but it only worked once (or appeared to). I did not see note pad open on the server, but I got a result of "ok". Before I rebooted, it timed out as just like mine.<BR><BR><BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;hea d&#062;&#060;title&#062;ASPExec Test (ExecuteWinApp)&#060;/title&#062;&#060;head&#062;<BR>&#060;body bgcolor=white text=black&#062;<BR>&#060;blockquote&#062;<BR>&#06 0;H3&#062;ASPExec ExecuteWinApp Test&#060;/H3&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR> Set Executor = Server.CreateObject("ASPExec.Execute")<BR> Executor.Application = "notepad.exe"<BR> Executor.Parameters = "c:autoexec.bat"<BR> Executor.ShowWindow = True<BR> Response.Write "Attempting to execute " & Executor.Application & "<BR>"<BR> strResult = Executor.ExecuteWinApp<BR> Response.Write "The result of this call was: " & strResult<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;p&#062;If you do not see Notepad then it is possible that Notepad is running with a hidden window.<BR>This could be caused by not having "Allow Service to Interact with Desktop" turned off in <BR>Control Panel/Services/World Wide Web Publishing Service or it could be that the version <BR>of IIS you are running is preventing the window from being displayed. Look in a task list<BR>such as task manager, or use TList from the NT resource kit to see if Notepad is running.<BR>&#060;B&#062;Note: All InetInfo managed services must have "Allow Service to Interact with Desktop"<BR>turned on to see visible apps.&#060;/b&#062;<BR>&#060;/blockquote&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR>

Joshua Sells Guest

Default RE: Help! my page won't load!

go to control panel/services/www services and make sure that the service can interact with the desktop. I had to enable this, hten reboot to get a sampl ASP d/l to run. See my reply below for the code. I tried turning it off and then back on and the sample ASP wouldn&#039;t run untill reboot.