Heaven's Martini.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Martini.....

Cindy Guest

Default Heaven's Martini.....

hi again... about the trgeers or default u were telling me... how do i go about doing that in sql?<BR><BR>if i use default... what do i put as the value? and how do i relate that to my table?<BR><BR>what is a stored procedure? can i use that as well?<BR><BR>i&#039;m not very good with databases... need help here!! thank u

Cindy Guest

Default Anyone? ... helpppp

what do i need to do to automatically set the field total = price * quantity in my table?<BR><BR>using sql server7 ....

Default Show your ....

your current code for updating the fields.

Default More info...

Where are price and quantity coming from? Do you have them as ASP variables, or are they fields in your database, or what?

Cindy Guest

Default errrr....

i have a table with 4 fields: itemID, price, quantity and total<BR>well, the price and quantity is pre defined.. and itemID is autogenerate. So that leaves the total field blank...<BR><BR>how do i fill up the total field?<BR><BR>when u ask about the update code... i guess i would user select (quantity * price) as total From table<BR><BR>so does that mean that i will have to create a form to update this table?

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default RE: Anyone? ... helpppp

Hmm.<BR><BR><BR>it looks like a trigger is the simplest way.<BR><BR>if you right click when in the Open table part of sql server, <BR>in the tasks menu, you can write a trigger.<BR>for insert/update<BR><BR>the simplest method would be to insert it when you insert your data however. Insert into blah(num,quan,total) <BR> Values ("& mynum &","& myquan &","& mynum * myquan &")<BR>(or something like that)

Heaven's Martini Guest

Default I guess I don't make sense.

umm.<BR><BR>this could be better.<BR>i think we need to know more info about the process you are going through, and then i can help more.

Cindy Guest

Default RE: More info...

well the price and quantity comes from the fields in the table.<BR>so that leaves the field &#039;total&#039; empty. how do i fill this field with a value that is = price * quantity?<BR><BR>do i do it with asp or do i set it in sql? hmmm....<BR><BR>price and quantity is pre defined

Hi-Tek Redneck Guest

Default RE: errrr....

is this a one time deal?<BR><BR>or this an ever changing process?<BR><BR>

Cindy Guest

Default here we go...

ok, i&#039;m working on a simple shopping cart kinda thing. when user add an item to the cart, it is added into the Cart table.<BR>Cart table has 4 fields itemID, Price, Quantity, Total. So when item is added, only the itemID, Price and Quantity is stored. Therefore, i wanna know how to actually fill up the Total field... do i make sense? ....hmm.. should this be done during the add item or do i do it in the database itself?