Akhilesh! Strange things are afoot in Request.Form

Thread: Akhilesh! Strange things are afoot in Request.Form

sarahj Guest

Default Akhilesh! Strange things are afoot in Request.Form

Hi Again,<BR>Okay- I got the value to go into a hidden input and I am now able to get the value from the asp page BUT! Now it adds a comma onto the end of the value when it gets placed into the SQL database. What could be causing this and is there any way around it? Here is my current code:<BR><BR>set rs2= Server.CreateObject ("adodb.recordset")<BR>rs2.Open "AucBids",conn,2,2<BR>rs2.AddNew <BR>rs2("BLotCode")=Request.Form("lotnumber")<BR>r s2("BDistributorCode")= rs("DSessionCode") <BR>rs2("BDate")=date<BR>rs2("BIDConfirmed")="yes" <BR><BR>rs2.Update<BR>rs2.Close<BR>rs.Close<BR>con n.Close <BR>Response.Redirect("done.htm") <BR><BR>Any help is appreciated!<BR>Sarah

the other steve Guest

Default RE: Akhilesh! Strange things are afoot in Request.

Do a bunch of response.write(yourfunkyvariable) on both pages to see if you can pinpoint where the spurious comma originates. <BR><BR>If this wasn&#039;t helpful it&#039;s because I don&#039;t really know what I&#039;m doing.

sarah j Guest

Default Comma occurs in hidden input

Not very helpful but I can give more information on the testing aspect: if the textfield isn&#039;t hidden there is no comma. Does anyone know about funky happenings with hidden input fields?<BR>Thanks!<BR>Sarah

Default AKHILESH!!! HELP!!!

i just saw a single mom and i don&#039;t know what to do!!!!

Reggie Guest

Default request.form() commas

Check to make sure you don&#039;t accidentally have two form fields named the same thing. If you do, it will concatenate them with a comma and send it to the next page.<BR><BR>ex:<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="myfield" value="ham"&#062;<BR>...<BR>&#060;input type="hidden" name="myfield" value=""&#062;<BR><BR>Then request.form("myfield") will return "ham," instead of "ham"<BR>

Default RE: Comma occurs in hidden input

check to see if you haven&#039;t accidently named two fields the same. I usually see that happen when i&#039;ve accidently written 2 field names the same on the form page.

sarah j Guest

Default Thanks everyone! Page corrupt

Thanks guys! I saved a new version and took the old ones off the server, it seems like the page was corrupt or something wacked. It works great now and at least I&#039;ll know what to do next tim eI get funky commas! :)