ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

Thread: ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

Yontaek Choi Guest

Default ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

This asp file works fine locally within the PWS. But when I upload the file to the server, change the path, and open the file, I get the following error message:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key &#039;SOFTWAREODBCBrazos volatile counter&#039;. <BR>/database_development/main/forgotres.asp, line 8 <BR><BR>The lines 6 - 8 of the asp file is as follows:<BR><BR>Set MyConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> MyConn.Open("Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("../../Learning_Center_Database.mdb"))<BR><BR>I also changed it to:<BR><BR>Set MyConn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> MyConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=D:ActevHomedatabase_developmentDatabase FilesLearning_Center_Database.mdb"<BR><BR>but the same result. I know it&#039;s the correct path.<BR><BR>Any comment or solution for this error will be appreciated.<BR><BR>Yontaek

Default Switch to an OLE DB conn string <eop>