<DIV> not working in Netscape

Thread: <DIV> not working in Netscape

Shinto Guest

Default <DIV> not working in Netscape

&#060;div style="visibility:hidden"&#062;<BR> 2 text boxes<BR>&#060;/div&#062;<BR>I have two text box that has to be shown only a particular type is selected. So on selecting the Type I call a client side function ( The function is written in Javascript) and change the visibility of the &#060;DIV&#062; to "visible". This works fine in IE. But not working in Netscape. In Netscape the function is called if the Type is changed but visibilty of &#060;DIV&#062; is not changing. Is style works only in IE? Please help ASAP...<BR><BR>

Default RE: <DIV> not working in Netscape

Netscape does not support layers

Daniel Newman Guest

Of course Netscape supports Layers, they invented them. The trouble with using &#060;DIV&#062;&#039s inside Netscape, is that it uses slightly diffent syntax. To make a &#039layer&#039 invisible in Netscape, you have to use visibility:hide;<BR><BR>Yes, it&#039s a pain. You can use both versions, if you use a defined style sheet. So &#060;DIV id=textboxes&#062; and then before the &#060;/HEAD&#062; tag, put in a style sheet.<BR><BR>&#060;STYLE&#062;<BR>&#060;!--<BR>#textboxes {<BR>visibility:hidden;<BR>visibility:hide;<BR>}<B R>--&#062;<BR>&#060;/STYLE&#062;<BR><BR>Daniel.

shinto Guest

function CheckBrowse(form1)<BR>{<BR> if (document.form1.radResourceType[1].checked)<BR> {<BR> document.layers["browsediv"].visibility ="hidden";<BR> }<BR>}<BR><BR>function ShowBrowse(form1)<BR>{<BR> if (document.form1.radResourceType.checked = true)<BR> {<BR> document.layers["browsediv"].visibility ="visible";<BR> }<BR>}<BR><BR>The above are the two client side functions I call to make a textbox and browsebutton, inside a DIV , visible or hide.<BR>I have given the div as <BR>&#060;div id=browsediv style="position:relative;visibility:visibile"&#062 ;<BR><BR>In NetScape the textmatter inside the DIV is becomig visible or hidded accordingly. But the textbox and the browse button always remain hidded . Please help..<BR>